Sunday, June 8, 2008

Wishin' to go Fishin' (and a little shoppin')

As the light grew brighter in our bedroom window, we found a bouncing boy on top of our covers riling us to wake up. "Dad, it's free fishing weekend! Can we go?!" My son has been wanting to fish for many weeks and we've had legitimate reasons for postponing (no fishing license and prior commitments). Until today. Today was his lucky day. "Umm, sure! We can do that." The ultimate gift from daddy to son.

My son had a fabulous time fishing with his dad. Although they came up empty, both boys enjoyed their time out on our local lake. Watching the geese, ducks, and dogs in and out of the water.

While the boys were out, my daughter and I enjoyed a girls day shopping. Getting this and that. I decided to go to my old stomping grounds. Totally impressed when I was younger, but it fell to the way side as the years continued. But I needed to go to Nordstrom for a quick purchase and with gas prices these days, I told myself to be economical and go to the closest Nordstrom, rather than the one that is farther away; which houses the cute, hip, fashionable mall which I prefer.

What a shock!! My old stomping grounds have been completely renovated, updated, expanded. There are some neat finds in the area. I was impressed and found myself guilty of prior snobbery.

It was a joy to spend one on one time with my girl. She still likes to hold my hand, and she still likes to bounce her way through stores (rather than walking). As a joke, I asked her if she remembered how to just walk. She giggled and walked. But it took all her might to just walk. And soon our giggles released the bounce.

2 comments:

Willow said...

sweet! is that the new camera at work? :)

Elle J said...

Yes!!! There were so many good shots on their adventure; I've saved some for other posts. Stay tuned ... LOL.