Friday, June 20, 2008

Pile of piles

My laptop is parked at my kitchen desk. This cute built-in spot big enough for a nice chair, couple drawers, a tiled counter space to my left with a nice petite lamp sitting atop. I love my desk. With cupboard space above me, it houses everything I need to work at my computer. Bills are here, school prep work for the kids, folders labeled with on going projects, cookbooks to study. It really is a neat set-up. When it is clean....

I deep organize this cupboard and drawer space about twice a year (the surface space is otherwise spotless). Every June when school lets out and every December when the long break calls for time to self.

I cleaned today. I found stuff. And more stuff. I embarrassingly found four gift cards that I did not even remember receiving to: Target, Jamba Juice, Starbucks, and Regal Cinema's. I also found the original Manicotti Recipe that my husband and I made when we were dating some fifteen years ago. We thought we lost the family hand-me-down recipe for good few years back. But nope, I found it. Stuffed between a cookbook and those cards.

And then all the kids' school things. I admit I was tough and tossed a lot today, but I still have a hefty stack that I can not justify tossing. Will I ever look back at this pile and relive? Do I care to look at my elementary school items? Not really. But I guess I hang on for that random "just in case"moment.

And then there is our art closet ... and the garage ... oh, and the master bedroom closet ... hmm, what other's can't see, who cares, right? Wrong, it is on my Summer To Do List, during the next rainfall (which will be tomorrow no doubt). ~ Sigh.

No comments: