What time is it? We just rolled into our house from dress rehearsal on stage. We've been in the auditorium since 3:59pm. We've been sitting since 3:59pm.
And isn't this JUNE?! While we were away a freak wind and rain storm moved in and shut down our town. When we arrived we noticed that all the power was out. Knowing that the power was on when I spoke with my mom 30 minutes prior, I knew it must have just gone out. And the way our town works, it could have been hours before we would have had it back on.
But unfortunately, they were out long enough to wake my son, who was then up from bed and bouncing from one dark wall to the other, chatting up his own storm with my mother when we opened our front door. Thankfully, they came on just as my mom was leaving. My girl will have her shower in the AM, she's tired and it's late.
The auditorium where we spent our evening is about 40 minutes away; but we were probably hit with the same storm. As my girl was on stage, amongst a crowd of dancers, the entire auditorium's power shut down and the backup lights come on; few as they were.
But the Studio handled it fabulously. Within seconds the team of teachers and stage crew mixed themselves into the group of dancers protecting their safety. I was impressed as any one close to my daughter will know that she is not keen on power outages and fire alarms; even the planned drilled ones at school. As the power went out I immediately thought of my girl. However, I heard no screaming, so I knew she was holding it together.
When we got in the car she half-jokingly said, "Ok, I only held it together because I was one of the big kids on stage and I didn't want to freak out the little ones. Otherwise, I would have been running while screaming."
I will post pictures of our evening another time. I am going to bed! Hooray for power in the middle of June, in this awkward, darn right, pathetic weather pattern we have been sucked into.
No comments:
Post a Comment