Sunday, June 22, 2008

Family Day

Although my parents did not move to the home they have retired in until after I moved away to college, their house has always felt like a cozy home to me. I enjoy going to their house with it's beautiful large acre lot filled with woods and gardens, nicely landscaped bushes and trails, their neat and well cared patio furniture always out and ready, the white porch swing hanging outside their bedroom porch, a hammock nestled next to the woods.

They always have something for the kids to put their hands on or into, with my parents experiencing with them. It could be the old Fisher Price classic toys saved from when my brother and I were children, or it could be Spirit Trail named and made for the grandchildren who walk through the over and under growth to get to their neighbor's horse pasture which borders across their back fence line.

The food is always amazingly creative. My mom is the master chef of creating intriguing salads, and wonderful menu combos that always creates a wonderful spread of food. My dad is a good complement with his equally amazing entrees. Growing up I did not always appreciate the goodness in wholesome meals, or the creative selections they would always provide. Now as a mom stuck on a mundane rotation I can't get out of, I definitely savor and appreciate their knack for always making it taste so good with a complementary variety. And my kids actually eat it!

Very well organized, they have something for something for just about anything. It is hard to explain really, but the type of people who always have an extra to make anyone feel at home. Need a toothbrush? Here, I have an unopened one right here. Need some boots? Aww, I have just your size in this closet. Or even, you prefer Rye Bread? I bought some yesterday just in case you swung by. Seriously, they are always thinking of others and making their home so darn easy to be comfortable in!

Maybe that is why we always stay so late!! Always enjoy family day at my parent's house.

No comments: