Saturday, June 7, 2008

Where are you ....

One of my favorite framed photos in our house. A summer day hanging out in a city park, watching an air show, cooling under some shade. I was trying to get my son to smile at the camera, but he was in one of those uncooperative camera shy phases at age five. His big sis leaned in and we captured this. I love the age, the look, the summer story.

I want summer and all the joy it brings in people's moods, their skin, the freedom in clothes and shoes. To feel the water run through your toes when you wash the car, to eat Popsicles and let 'em drip down your fingers, to say, "Wow, it is so hot!" .... I long for those moments.

Where are you summer?!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Where do you live? Summer is here! I'm guessing Washington?