Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Inspiration

When I'm in a "mood" I like to turn on my favorite channel of Christian music and chill. Some songs speak louder than others depending on the mood I'm in. But this one particular song always gets to me regardless of my thoughts.

When I'm happy, it charges me up. Powerful words of strength.

When I'm a little sad, it charges me up. Powerful words of hope.

When I'm feeling stressed about admittedly mundane thoughts, this charges me up. Nothing is as bad as I make it; for there is always another story to share, a purpose to focus, a chance to reach.

But I get tingles in my arms and legs when it is my daughter in the backseat of our car that will say, "Turn it up, please" and sing effortlessly to hit every high note and sing with power to this song. I call it her theme song.

And it always puts an inspirational smile on my face. Set the World on Fire, Babe!

No comments: