Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Break

Schools out!! I always loved the last day of school as much as the first day. Glad to sleep in, to have a lazy schedule, vacations, the prospect of sunshine, and neighborhood creativity. I always enjoyed the freedom that the last day of school brought.

Today is no different. Picking up the kids from early release brought freedom knowing that a morning schedule will only be my doing, that we don't have to "have to" on any activity, hopes of everyone getting along and enjoying the short two and a half months of being just us.

I pinch myself that my girl is a 4th grader. Her teacher will loop the classroom to the next grade and as she put it, "Awesome! Six boys opted out for a new teacher and we gained two girls!" Adoring her teacher as a person and enjoying her teaching style, my daughter is set for her move up.

Feeling grateful that my son got the teacher I had been crossing my fingers for all spring. The most hard working teacher I've ever met thus far, she taught my daughter's second grade class and those students were nonstop academically active. My son is very excited at the thought of 2nd grade.

Even little Miss Cora graduated today! Her certificate reads successful completion of Agility 101 and we will start Agility 102 next week. She had her best run today; having to turn a blind corner to go from an A-Frame to a Dog Walk without getting a nose distraction to the freedom of the ring becking her call. She did fantastic,; even though I can't explain why she would jump the first poles but would opt to run around the second. Oh well, adds humor to the course.

Welcome, Summer Break!!

No comments: