After a long day walking the rainy, cold beach looking for sea critters with my first grader's field trip, rushing literally from the field trip to my daughter's rehearsal still dripping wet, I was attempting to warm up in the car eating my Wendy's salad, when I decided to call my parents to check in.
My dad answers. We chat. He tells me that my mom is on a Girls' Night Out. She and her friends are taking in the Sex In The City movie. - Silence -
Not that my mother can't enjoy a movie with the girls, but from what I hear ... Gaw! My mom is watching that movie? My mom?!
After spending all day with kids on a rainy beach, on a noisy, foggy bus, in a lobby with squealing dancers needing buns, and pins here and there, and goop in their hair ... my mom is having a night out with her friends watching Sex In The City.
How cool! Retirement. My mom. Lucky ...
No comments:
Post a Comment