Me: "Buddy, what are you doing?"
Him: "I just wanted to kiss you goodbye."
Melt my heart right then and there. He had set his alarm clock for 6:29am, one minute before I told him I would have to leave. After we said our goodbye, he went back to his room and shut the door to go back to sleep.
This morning as I was rummaging around my bag making sure that all was ready for another day in the Jury Assembly Room, I noticed the following in my bag from my son.
The first is a Maze that he drew that (I covered it up) said his name next to the stick figure that I was trying to help "find his way home" on the opposite side of the paper.
The next one is a Crossword Puzzle. I like all the slanted letters with no clear columns. It totally worked; the words were hard to find (wink)! And his handwriting was extra sloppy as I have no doubt he did this in bed last night, while I was tucked away early in my bed.
It passed my morning and put a smile on my face as I did my two Mazes in the Assembly Room. By lunchtime, the courts were slow and granted us a completion of duty served. I was home for lunch and it feels great to check that off my list ... good for an entire 12 months!
5 comments:
I especially love the frowny face beside "jury." :O) Too cute, and so sweet. What a wonderful surprise! Very cool kid.
How sweet and thoughtful!
What a sweetie.
What a thoughtful son. He'll make some lucky woman a great husband one day.
Tina ~ I was thinking the same thing this week. :)
Post a Comment