Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's a zoo!!

And I don't mean the state of our household. My daughter rested while my husband was home working, and I got to get out of the house and "relax" as a chaperon for my son's second grade classroom to the big zoo in the city. The weather was overcast, but it did not rain, so we considered ourselves very lucky.

The students are learning about the Rain Forest; which this zoo has a magnificent exhibit. But for the length of our bus trip (45 minutes one-way) and time spent for lunch, and the demand that the buses get back by 2pm to start their normal school pickup routine, it made for a very short field trip. However, after the lack of sleep I've been receiving lately, I was perfectly fine with that today.

My son was the classroom photographer and captured forty photos. But it was either too steamy in the exhibit or the critters were behind thick glass to get good shots in the Rain Forest, so here are some shots taken along the route to get to where we were going:

Good group of friends:


Grandma Gorilla:
Can you find the big kitty cat?:

The front-end of a Peacock:

The back-end of a Peacock:

1 comment:

Mary Kathryn said...

Ooh! I am a sucker for the zoo. Love it. And I KNOW what you mean about the rainforest exhibit; it is often so uncomfortable in ours that we breeze through it before getting to check out the amazing animals who live there.... way to hot most days.