After church we swung by the neighborhood Verizon store to upgrade our phones. The "swing-by" turned into a three hour stand, debate, and wait. Thankfully, my husband has dealt with phone services before and knew what we were in for; the kids and I were the naive ones. Luckily, we had hit lunch on the way. The kids were fantastic; my husband and I both commented that we would not have been as patient when we were 10 and 8. Playing with the phones helped my son, and my daughter enjoyed people watching, so we lucked out!
I am not one to talk trash on my blog, so I will continue to refrain from my true feelings about our customer service handling today. However, my words of encouragement to others is feel free to ask ALL the questions you choose, because some sales people just with hold too much information! It was like walking with flop flops through mud today; please, just answer in complete sentences that are more than two words long! It drove us both crazy. Another encouragement, it is acceptable to say No to all of their "small" add-ons; otherwise your bill will increase at a rapid pace.
Once home, the kids skipped up the stairs, energized to be out of the store. We, on the other hand, have slumped into the couch exhausted. But now we each have a Blackberry. Yum?!
4 comments:
You bring back the most miserable feelings...... No blackberry....just the most expensive phone experiences that anyone of humble means can imagine. From a teenager that decided on a three-hour break-up conversation from out of state, to phones falling in the toilet, the sink, and the washing machine...horrible; I shudder.....and it all started there - in that store which you so aptly describe.
Yahoo. We go pre-paid now!!!!!! Yeah, Virgin Mobile!
Ooh, I bet you're going to love the Blackberry. I love mine!
Been there...done that...
And why does it have to take so long. I hate going to look at phones for that reason. It is time to change our phones and I know it will take a half a day.
I do appreciate that you refrain from the trash talk on here. Way to be positive.
I've seen the new blackberry from Verizon, is it the touch screen one? I have been tempted to switch ever since the iphone came out. I want one badly, but too expensive. I thought maybe the Verizon Blackberry would satisfy my craving. Although I haven't checked into price yet, could be just as much.
Let me know how you like it.
Post a Comment