Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another birthday??

Yes, and we are not done with the month of family celebrations! My first niece was born today 12 years ago. When I think of T* being this age, I immediately think of this photo that was taken the day she came home from the hospital. Her mother and I were in her nursery "trying out" the crib that we had stared at over and over and over for nine months thinking about the future baby that were to lay upon it. To see T* finally in her bed was really cool.

She was the first baby on either side of the family, therefore everything was new and a novelty. Thinking about what this little babe was going "to be" as a 5 year old, a 12 year old, an 18 year old, a 27 year old ... we talked a lot. Or maybe, I talked a lot. Anyway, '97 was a good year that started off the baby additions to our growing, beautiful family.

So, what did this newborn "turn into" at age 12? A girl who does not know how to talk with out a smile upon her face. She shows her dimple when she smiles, her eyes twinkle, and she makes me smile back. Always the leader of the cousins, she treats the younger ones with love and encouragement, mothers her siblings, giggles at her Uncle, rolls her eyes with a smirkish love at her parents, and enjoys her friends.

Happy Birthday, T*!!!
xoxoxo

No comments: