Thursday, March 19, 2009

I miss...

I spent the day over at my parent's house catching up on life and reminiscing over some random pictures of my children when they were little. Like this one that I love because of the innocent look and the adorable chubbiness that only a toddler can pull off:

I came home and stumbled upon a home video on my husband's computer when my children were three and five. Their voices were adorable, their little mumbles, and lisps, and funny things they said. If they did not give out so much personal information (!), I would have posted the video on my blog. Maybe I'll find a different one some other time.

Next, I came upon this photo taken last August. I remember it was the eve of a vacation and we were all a-buzz about the trip and feeling very much like "family" that evening.

I miss the "youngness" of my children. Especially after my son at dinner said, "Hey, Mom! She's going to be in 5th Grade!!! next year!" Her last year of elementary school; how could it have gone so fast?!

I miss ...

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I guess you'll just have to start family number two. Lots of people have another set of kids later in life. (doesnt sound like the best idea though!!lol)

Elle J said...

Natalie ~ I miss my current kiddos being toddlers, but not enough to start another round of toddlerhood cuteness. :)

Lori said...

Oh come on, I bet you could easily handle another little baby. They are so cute. I don't want mine to grow up too fast. Even when I am anxious to see him advance and grow, I have to remind myself to enjoy the now.

Elle J said...

Lori ~ yes, I have to remind myself too that my kids are still "little" and appreciate their current stage because when I look back even 5 years from now, I'll be thinking exactly what I'm thinking about their toddler years ~ "Oh, I wish they were still 10 and 8!"

crispy said...

I can relate...and I don't think Natalie's idea is all that bad. I am missing my little ones too. And I will also have a 5th grader next year. =(

Willow said...

omg i soooooo wish i could have known you guys when your kids were little! that pic is adorable!