Friday, March 6, 2009

Nice to have a Niece

One of my four nieces is having a birthday today! She is turning 9 years old. I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. She came early and we were all caught off guard, not because she was weeks upon weeks early, but because there were no signs from mother to the family that the time was near. One night it just started and by morning we had a new, beautiful family member.

She is a sweet-loving, happy, personality driven, thoughtful, smart girl. She came with a tiny head full of beautiful strawberry blond hair and she has kept it; and imagine that next to her skin which tans to a golden brown if she is in the sun for any length of time. To have her skin and hair combo!


This niece is my Rabbit, Rabbit buddy. I had heard when I was much younger that if the first words out of your mouth on the 1st of each month is Rabbit, Rabbit, that you are bound for good luck. So I started doing that, just for fun.

My niece heard of my little thing a while back and she jumped in on my tradition. But she jumped in with me and she races me to the phone on the 1st of every month to see who has the fastest fingers to dial in a call to say Rabbit, Rabbit to the other. She always wins. :) I LOVE it!! A chance to hear my niece, a time to chat before we wish each other well for the month ... I told her that I hope it continues forever.

My sweet niece is turning 9!

Happy Birthday!!!
oxoxoxo

No comments: