While I have been pretty consistent in abiding by my new year's goal of being Lacto-Ovo (do not eat meat, or I should say for myself; will eat meat as a last resort, but do eat eggs and dairy products), I caved in honor of St. Patrick's day and ate some Corned Beef Brisket yesterday.
This was my first-time-ever cooking of the said meat, and I must say, it was very delicious! For those with a pressure cooker, and interested, here goes my recipe (thanks to the help of my dad whom I called just in time to get some major pointers):
*Place brisket in Pressure Cooker, my brisket was 3.29lbs.
*Pour 1 3/4 cup water over the meat.
*Lock lid, set to High Pressure, with the timer at 80 minutes (24 minutes per pound, and round up by 5 minutes).
*Once the timer beeps, set the timer for an additional 20 minutes for the Natural Release Method of the pressure cooker. (Mine had completed venting by this time, but if yours does not in 20 minutes, then use the Quick Release Method to finish off the venting).
*Set the brisket aside and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
*Place quartered cabbage chunks, carrot chunks, and red potatoe chunks back into the pressure cooker.
*Lock lid in place, set to High Pressure, with the timer set at 3 minutes.
*When the timer goes off, use the Quick Release Method to vent.
*Slice the extra moist "falls apart when you cut it" brisket, display on a platter with the amazing veggies, and enjoy.
*YUM! Luck Of The Irish!
1 comment:
Hey, that's cool that you are trying to be vegetarian. Did you know my whole family and all of our spouses (except Lori's) are vegetarian? We were raised that way. I'm so glad too! I've tried it, but because it has such a funny texture and the idea of eating flesh is so horrid, I'm never tempted to eat it. It grosses my husband out more than it does me, which I think is really strange, since meat/protein is such a large part to a guys diet. I did a 3 day nutrition analysis when I was in college, I had to write down everything I ate and drank for those three days and then find out the nutritional contents. I was surprised to discover I was getting well over the recommended dose of protein because I was eating things like beans and lentils. My mom and sisters have some good recipes if you run out of ideas!
Post a Comment