For the family in her life, she is an encourager. Receiving a sweet note from her is not uncommon. So too in her emails letting you know she's checking in in a genuine way. And she is great at quick swing-by's to drop off just that little miscellaneous something that you needed, but didn't think about, and it always comes in handy.
If you ask, she'll tell you her honest opinion. If you don't, she will keep it to herself and support who you are, but perhaps not what you are doing. If you have time, she can tell an entertaining story that will always start in the middle, go off in five different directions, and eventually lead you back to the point; while you concentrate on figuring out how this possibly could all be related to the same story, you feel engaged and entertained.
The fun-loving side of my mom can be described succinctly in her classic quotes when I was growing up: "Beans and rice are a complete protein" (Just what a teen wants to hear, right? Used frequently to spur healthy eating). "Look it up." (response to me when I didn't know something; it meant to find the Encyclopedia Brittanica set my parents spent a fortune on and educate myself on the topic). "There outta be a law." (in jest, but her way of venting about something that was just not right with the world).
A smart cookie, a genuine person, a loving Grandmother, an amazing mentor and mother, beautiful.
Happy Birthday, Mom!!! xoxoxox
4 comments:
Sounds like you have a pretty amazing mother, which would explain why you are the way you are with your family. You must have learned it from your her. Not many people can say what you did about your mother. You and I both have that in common.
oh, I forgot to mention one other thing, it's my good friend's birthday too. must be a good day.
Don't forget the fact that she sends out birthday cards to kids that aren't even her grandkids, but she shows love just the same! Happy Birthday Carole! XO
Thanks, Natalie! I agree, we are both blessed with amazing mothers!! I miss reading your mom's blog ~ she went private! :) I always enjoyed seeing how much she could accomplish in one day and her sweet spirit shined through her writing.
Post a Comment