Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bonding with Blackberry - what a day.

I am sure there were camera's watching us, as we certainly felt like Lab Mice. Stuck in an awkward shaped room, windowless, air conditioning blowing continuously, with fluorescent lights beaming upon our foreheads. The chairs were less than desirable too being stuck 12" from the one in front, and zero clearance to the left and right. Yes, if someone were studying the mental breakdown of a person, they need only watch the video of a Jury Assembly Room.

My day started at 5:10pm, to only accomplish sitting in above mentioned space from 8am to 3:30pm. It will be a Ground Hog Day for me tomorrow. Need I post that day?!

Here was my view from the car via my new best friend, Blackberry ...

Here was the view my entire day; Blackberry was my only connection to the world outside these walls ...

But no complaining, right? The alternative could have been: floor 8, courtroom A, juror seat #3. YIKES!

Keeping high hopes I get my same seat by the bathrooms tomorrow ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In N.J. we have one day or one case. If you are not picked for a jury the first day you do not have to go back. I was excused from jury duty last Feb. because I am a care giver and did not have anyone to take my place.

Natalie said...

that sucks. I've still never been summoned for jury duty. I wouldn't mind a blackberry, but I would probably never use it. i have internet on my Ipod, and i dont even use that.

Lori said...

They let you take a cell phone into the courthouse? I had to take mine back out to the car, couldn't even just turn it off. I was so annoyed.

Elle J said...

Lori ~ I would not have survived. I can only read a book for so long, no matter how exciting it is.

Yep, all electronics (the Assembly Room had Wi-Fi too). The bailiff only takes everything away during trial and Jury deliberations. I thankfully did not get that far.