
My daughter has joined the band! The fifth grade band at her school; which meets an hour prior to the start of school, twice a week, for the school year. She has been talking about this for some time and recently sat down with my dad (who grew up playing multiple instruments in many bands) to get the inside scoop on the band instrument options that her school allowed.
She chose the flute. I know nothing about the flute, and it was an instrument that my dad had never played either. My best friend growing up played the flute, and I remember watching her play, but it really gave me no help in researching flute rentals.
However, I think we made a good choice. She can make an adequate noise already, her fingers fit, and she is beaming. The rest will be up to the conductor and my daughter's good listening and practicing skills.

Although we picked up the Flute on her birthday, it was not a birthday gift. However it added some fun flavor to her afternoon before her family party kicked off. While she played around, my son grabbed a party balloon and started drumming; he's been taking weekly drum lessons from my dad last school year and will continue this school year.

I have a good feeling that this Christmas we'll be jamming out on Christmas songs with a piano, flute, and drums ... while my husband captures it all on camera!
3 comments:
Such beautiful pictures. I hope she enjoys her new musical adventure.
Cool! I played the flute in middle school band. (Though doubt I could still do so.) I still have my flute too! Wonder if my daughters will ever express any interest? None yet.
Good for your daughter. May she enjoy band and have a good year.
Post a Comment