Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Time

The sun has been generous around here all month, it has been lovely. But now that Fall is officially in season, I decided it was time to clean out my master closet and get ready for the change in weather that we are certain to have.

While I do not actually rotate my clothing by season through my closet like some I know, I do have to go through and designate a Donation Pile versus a Garbage Pile (the ones that are too old looking and I'd be embarrassed to donate) versus a Keep Pile.

Once I loaded the portion marked garbage into the recycle bin and the donations into the back of my car, I went back and picked out the empty good hangers and replaced the ones I didn't like. I only have plastic hangers, but some tend to be more thick at the neck, or have this little loop thing that sticks out at the neck and ends up hooking onto other hangers; a pain.

Then, I added all my Keep Pile clothes back on hangers and hung by color. For the record, I have never hung any of my clothing by colors. I started doing it with my girl's closet one day in the summer when we redid her closet, and we both fell in love with it. I decided to copy; we'll see how long it lasts for me.

I also realized what a Bag Lady I had become. Savings bags for those times "just in case" I needed to bag something up to take it some where or to some one. But in reality, I didn't need ALL THOSE BAGS. It was getting out of control. And that exercise ball? I finally deflated and bagged (HA) for a realistic later use. Wow, imagine the floor space I just created!

It took me a good portion of my afternoon but I saved some spare time in order to drive to the donation station before getting the kids from school. It was a motivating day.

I am going to enjoy some My Time for a few days. I will pop back into the normal blog routine on Monday. Have a terrific weekend!

No comments: