Wednesday, September 2, 2009

5th and 3rd Grade

Feeling a little off balance today like the above photo. This is one of the rare years where I am really not ready for school to begin. We had an amazing summer; full of friends, family, vacation, and the thing we all have been wanting the most after 18 months of not ... was the SUN! It was a beautiful summer and I think that we packed a lot in, but the days went by too fast.

Sigh. And no, they did not color coordinate their outfits; it truly just happened this way.
But the upside is that the kids are happy, which makes me happy. The first impression by both teachers were thumbs up, I know they will continue to surround themselves with quality friends, and I am proud of the elementary school we attend. It'll be a few days for Mom to get back in routine and get caught up with reality, and then all will feel right.

Tonight we will celebrate the beginning of a new school year by going out to dinner at our favorite Asian Restaurant. YUM!

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

What a great shot of the two of them - the last one. All the pictures would make a wonderful back-to-school scrapbook page.

Rachael said...

They both look really cute! What great senses of style! Did they choose their own outfits? Cause...I have to confess...my kids still depend on me to help them lay out their clothes.

Elle J said...

Rachael ~ yes, both kids choose their own clothes at the store and from the closet. I gave up choosing with my son when he was in KDG!!! Very picky. My daughter and I shop well together, but she is the one that pulls the look together.

crispy said...

They look adorable. Such cute and with it outfits.