Our Pastor is doing a series on this topic: Live Like You Were Dying. It is an enlightening series that has me pondering about the seed idea for the week. Because 0ur Pastor and three others from our congregation left yesterday for Nepal to hold a conference for pastors, we had the fortune of listening to our High School Youth Pastor.
This is a guy answering his calling, as I would say two characteristics are at the forefront that make this man work well with his profession ~ energetic, and hip on the use of language spoken to uplift teens and connect quickly with them ... does that make sense? Okay, here's another way to look at it, sometimes us "older folks" need a moment to grasp what he just said. I enjoy his messages for that reason. You get home, you are going about your day, and his message pops into you and it is finally made clear. Effective. I pray that he sticks around through my youngster's high school graduations, as I know my two will enjoy his leadership style greatly.
So the message ... Live Like You Were Dying ... if you were given the information that you would have thirty days to live; how would your last 30 days be made? In prayer? With good food and friendships? Tying up loose ends with relationships that went sour? Solitude? Extreme activities that you never thought you'd partake in for the fear of dying while enjoying? Volunteerism? Donations? What ...
And then the message is ... what are you waiting for? How do you achieve this throughout your life, because really we all are on our final days, it is just that some are fortunate enough to know it.
Today's message from the hip Youth Pastor of our church; which I find as ironic as his command of the Word and way of teaching is just this: Speak Sweeter ... 1 Peter 4:11-12. And now a must-see video to put the spin on the message and make it stick.
1 comment:
Sobering thought. Probably, I would do things differently. But, then, one of my biggest life anxieties is procrastination. I guess I could let that one go!
Post a Comment