Recently my daughter and I spent the evening together at a Miley Cyrus concert. It was the first concert as only Miley, and when the buzz was going around that the concert would only last one hour and ten minutes, I thought it was going to be a bomb.Cyrus proved me wrong. That young girl worked hard the entire seventy minutes; only going off stage for her quick-changes and then she'd be back out in seconds flat to continue her dancing and singing. It was the show to see for my daughter's first concert. We both loved it.
The highlight was one of the final songs when Miley sang one of my favorites: The Climb. It is a quieter instrumental song, so when she sang you could hear all the tweens and teens singing along with her from the audience. It was very moving to hear all these young girls have such a motiviational song to sing to with their Super Star.My girl was bouncing all night with excitement; smiles that would not stop. It was everything she had dreamed ... short of meeting Miley ... and it was a perfect night for mom too.
We met up with our friends; the girls got tickets for the concert on their respective birthdays without the moms even chatting before; pure luck! My girl in the middle, her buddy on the left dressed alike, and then her buddie's friend from another school, but whom fit in extremely well with the hyper-excitement that most eleven year old girls can be when presented with a night such as this.
3 comments:
Ooh, fun. Kristen and I are going to Taylor Swift in 2 wks., but I think I'm more excited than she is!
I know your excitement as it was the same here when my daughter took Katya to the High School Musical tour several years ago.
That's so cool! I love that song, The Climb and her newest one too! Rachael and Lori got me tickets to the Taylor Swift/Kelly Pickler concert for my bday in a week and a half and I can't wait!
Post a Comment