Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ball time ... it's Saturday

The next few months have our Saturday mornings taken at the court watching my son play basketball. He has turned into a better aggressive ball player and it is so fun to watch. I am sure it is age, and the fact that his daddy is coach this year, that has sparked his interest in the sport. But there is nothing better than seeing my son run full speed up and down the court, dribbling the ball with more accuracy, and attempting baskets ... all while having fun.

My husband, the great photographer that he is, has had to accept the mediocre accuracy of my photography attempts with this season's shots. Understandably, he can not coach and do his photography at the same time. But poor guy, he set the camera up today with the telephoto, got the ISO and whatever-all perfect, and handed it off to me with a hopeful smile and wink ... I knew he was just dying to do it himself.

But I didn't do so bad - considering I didn't know how to adjust anything on the camera to compensate any original guess of my husband's settings. My daughter, taking a turn in the second half, however did fantastic!! She has her daddy's eye. A glimpse of what she captured:

I like to think that the long lashes that God gave me since day one has something to do with the fact I can't look in that tiny, little hole to take the picture. But in reality, I know that is not true, and rather it is the high-tech buttons that I have yet to comprehend. I need about another 24+ hours in my day to accomplish my wish list of to-dos to improve thyself.

2 comments:

Lydee said...

nice shots! very good! cute pics too!

Lori said...

Really good shots! I just got myself a fancy camera, so I can empathize with you.