Friday, January 23, 2009

Lost

We have satellite television through Dish Network and it was approximately the beginning of December when we saw a man on Channel 4, our ABC affiliate, making some public service announcement. We changed the channel, not even bothering to listen. Then a few days later, we happened upon Channel 4 again and the same man was still talking. So, my husband stopped to listen.

This man held some lead position with Dish Network and it was a 15 minute looped announcement that played for 24/7. The urgent news? That the Network had no longer subscribed to the national or local broadcasting for ABC due to money issues. That's right. No ABC. Zilch. Just like that.

And they were serious ... it is now January 23rd and we still have no ABC, just the newest version of their public announcement which has changed to three lead men talking about the lack of our Channel 4.

When we bought our new televisions earlier this month, we also switched carriers. Unfortunately, however, it seems like every one else in our county had the same idea because our new carrier can not come to our house to install until February 3rd! Two more weeks of no ABC.

I am feeling LOST in more ways than one. One of our absolute favorite shows, LOST, is broadcast on ABC. The new season started on Wednesday. We tried to watch it via the net last night, but we had too many glitches and distractions. We will be trying again this evening and it better work, otherwise, we will make ourselves comfy in my parent's house for a DVR showing, while perhaps they take our kids out of the house for a stroll with their dog.

We feel so LOST with out our LOST and the LOSS of our ABC.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

No ABC?! We have Dish Network too, but I guess our area of the country is not affected. I often watch them online anyway. Hopefully 2nd attempt will be more successful. It was a good premeire.

Lydee said...

that stinks.

Natalie said...

That's terrible! How can they not afford one of the most popular channels? I keep hearing all the strange things that keep happening due to the economic situation. We might loose the Detroit newspaper!

Elle J said...

We have always had two city papers and one is on the closing block too (huge deal). We watched The Kit Movie (from the American Girls series that I am sure you are aware of with your nieces)and it was kinda strange seeing the similarities between that era and our era. Friends loosing employment and not finding jobs (highly qualified professionals too, not just fast food teenage type of jobs). Stores/companies closing. Sad. Worrisome.

Lori said...

That's crazy, I would be so mad, can you switch cable companies? Surely they cant hold you to a contract when they make such a huge change. All my favorite shows are on ABC.
If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't that impressed with LOST firsts episode this season. I watched it anyway, but it was kind of wierd. I'm hoping it gets better.