Premonition perhaps or just coincidence? While I was volunteering in my son's classroom this morning, my son was standing next to me waiting his turn in line to ask the teacher a question, and it looked like his tongue was fiddling with something stuck in his tooth. Just out of the blue I bent over and asked him if he lost a tooth. He smirked and then it was his turn ...
When I picked him up from school, he was grinning from ear to ear and immediately upon entering the car exclaimed, "I lost my tooth!" What?! I knew he had a wiggler, but the last I knew it was not close. But I guess if you pack an apple for lunch, that not close because ready.
He told his story with a lot of usage of his new favorite phrase, "It was pretty tense." He explained how Boy X in his class wanted to come to the bathroom with my son to help him pull it out. Now, Boy X is a rowdy little guy and known to misbehave, but my son just thought he was teasing. He was surprised then to find Boy X standing beside him in the bathroom! I guess that was "pretty tense", not to mention the other "pretty tense" moment was when Boy X was asking over and over and over that Boy X pull my son's tooth.
Luckily, my son held his ground and Boy X's who-know's-where-they've-been-fingers did not touch my son. Escaping the "tense scene" (again, his words) he went back to the classroom. Poor guy could not get privacy in this dire situation of a dangling tooth that just needed to be ripped out! He went to the sink, only to find himself swarmed by the rest of the class, just as his tooth was reaching the palm of his hand.
Oddly enough, my son's dentist appointment was right after school today too. There I learned that my son would be venturing into the talk of Orthodontics come this summer, while my girl (whom I have always thought was a prime candidate) escaped the Ortho talk.
What is it with kids and braces?! My son cheered, my daughter was miffed she was not included. Excuse me, just ask your mother, braces are-so-not-cool! Ahhh, to be young again!
*side note ~ not sure what I feel with braces at such a young age. Seems like so many kids are wearing them younger and younger; seems to no longer be a teenage appliance. So, research and more education will be done in this household before we get to that summer dental appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment