I wish I would have received a call from school after my son fell into mud during first recess. He was going down the fire pole at a high enough rate of speed that he could not make a foot landing, and instead found his tail feathers in mud. He was caked in the brown stuff. Why didn't they call me? I spent the day resting at home, but would have certainly ran to school with a fresh pair of jeans. ~ sigh ~
The part that warmed my heart, however, was the story after the fall. My daughter volunteers in my son's classroom every Wednesday during her first recess. Lucky for him, today was Wednesday, so upon returning to class after the mud match, he found his big sister in the room. He went over to her and she immediately put on her "mommy hat" and went to work. She took his coat and wrapped it around his waist and tied it tight. Then she gave him a hug and assured him that nobody would notice or care. So sweet.
The wash has started, the kids are playing, my husband is working in the den, and after three days of resting, I am finally leaving the house to have a cozy dinner with my college buddy.
3 comments:
Ahh, what a sweet big sis.
I remember going to school one day with a pair of pink pants, when I was in second grade, and had forgotten that I had a hole in the back, where my underwear was showing and was unpleasantly surprised to find out that a not-so-cool guy named Corky decided it was smart to point it out to everyone in the class! Yeah... that wasn't very fun.
Corky wasn't nice. Have you found Corky on Facebook?? :) Kids can be so mean. Luckily, my son escaped any teasing, thanks to the quick actions of big sis.
Post a Comment