It is the First of the month, but of February not of April, right? It was before church this morning when I was busy getting the dishwasher emptied before cleaning up the breakfast dishes. My kids were upstairs getting ready; my husband was on the way to the shower. I had just put away all the clean dishes, loaded the dirty ones, and was about ready to flip up the door when I noticed that the soap dispenser's lid was closed. What?
I exclaimed out loud that I think I had just put away every dish in the washer as dirty. I started flipping through the silverware drawer, the cupboards, trying to figure out how I could have missed that I was emptying a dirty dishwasher.
My kids heard my freak-out and bent over the stair rails and yelled down, "Mom, are you sure?!" I kept looking; no, everything looked clean. In fact, I remembered some of the cups had the water puddle on top. Well, that's just great. The dishwasher is broken and we just steamed our dishes clean.
My kids said, "Are you sure?!" so convincingly and urged me to open up the soap lid. I finally took their advice and ... it was empty ... and that is when the giggles started. My son. My son had flipped the lid closed as a joke and kept it quiet all. morning. long. waiting. for. me. to. empty.the.dishes.
I was up the stairs in nothing flat tickling my son and telling him the order of the months! January ~ February ~ March ~ April ... He got me.
2 comments:
That is so cute that he thought of that! I think my kids don't even know how the dishwasher works! lol. Maybe we need to rectify that!
aaauuuggghh!!! lol!
Post a Comment