Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ten Years Ago

Ten years ago I fell in love with a boy on a warm sunny October afternoon, at 4:37pm to be exact. Just when I thought it was not possible to love him any more than I had, I found myself tucking him in every night since, and loving him more each time.

Ten years ago today my son arrived right on time. Having an unscheduled c-section with my daughter, we had a planned c-section with my son. He came on his due date. A quick and coordinated event, but equally as thrilling and exciting as a spur-of-the-moment delivery. It was love at first sight.

He was handsome from the moment he entered this world. His looks were all boy; with a wide head and filled out body, weighing in at 9lbs 5 ounces, the nurses who saw us the following days always commented at his size. Big - compared to the others in neighboring rooms. Each time they shared their comparison comments with a smile, I would say a private prayer of thanks to God for planning out my son's delivery. Whew.

My son grew up to age ten full of good thoughts and inquisitiveness, wisdom that runs deep, humor that sparks up any kind of day, and a heart so full of compassion that it melts my own. A solid, good kid that is not perfect, but is a joy to be around.

Ten years ago today my life changed - for the better. Our family united. Our gifts healthy. Our love overflows.

Happy Birthday, Son!
I love you!!!

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Enjoy the birthday celebration with your son and your family today.

Rachael said...

Just catching up, after a whirlwind week at our house. Happy belated birthday to your son! Wow - that seems like such a big baby for little you! You grew him well. =)

Elle J said...

Rachael - thankfully I was all belly during my pregnancy! You are right - both of my kids were big for me - hence c-section for both. Lucky me. =)