Sunday, October 31, 2010

Photo Storage Space - Not a fan of Picasa Google

Can I just make a final statement regarding the photo storage via Blogger? I am no web master, internet guru, or techi-person; by far I am the opposite. My computer knowledge seriously lands on typing fast, and maneuvering between my personal Picture Album organized on my hard drive (not even sure if that is the correct terminology), and the Browse Button to take that one photo magically to Blogger.

So when I was going on hour 35+ of my minimum 24 hour wait to add more photos, after purchasing more space for Blogger, I became not only disappointed, but the not-so-pretty-side of my character emerged. I was frustrated!

I started searching under the Troubleshooting guide on Picasa, Google, and Blogger. Which we all know is just a nice term to make you feel like you are working toward a fix, when in fact you are just in a web of circles of complaints by others with no help on a solution from the company itself.

I did learn, however, that Blogger photos are supported by Picasa. This is where, apparently, my photos are stored. When you run out of storage room, you must purchase more. Then you have to wait for the increased storage to be recognized by Blogger.

When I purchased the storage yesterday, I thought I just had to wait no longer than 24 hrs for the two accounts to recognize my upgrade in space. No, not true. As my witness by others in the same boat, dating back multiple days and weeks ago by fellow bloggers who still do not have access to storage after they have paid, I finally found a solution.

This small little statement buried under all the complaints was this, and it worked. It was listed under the Blogger side of Troubleshooting, not the Picasa Google side where I made my purchase and where it should have been stated:

log in at picasaweb and link your google and picasa accounts for the additional storage to work.

No comments: