Our annual trek to the pumpkin farm was a delight with the crisp fall air mixed with the fall sunbeams. The wafting of Carmel Corn was heavy as we walked through the corn maze. It made us all hungry and excited for the selection just outside the maze - roasted corn on a stick, Carmel apples, popcorn, hot dogs, hot cider, fresh hot donuts, the list was endless.
The pumpkin sling shot game is very challenging and always a must. While we have won in the past, our pumpkins this year were so close to hitting the target on the fly, but missed by inches. The crowd was literally in suspense after each shot and the Ooohs and Ahhhs were kinda fun. My husband did the slinging, but our son helped by squatting between my husband's arms and holding on. Surprisingly, it seemed to work with balance.
The theme of the corn maze was Alice In Wonderland this year. The last two years we have followed the map and it actually works. It demands a lot of concentration (which we gave the honor to my husband) but the flip side would be hours trapped in the 2 mile maze. He thought hard and got us around in less than 45 minutes. We were impressed and had a lot of fun tromping through the mud and muck.
Pumpkins. I love the orange color and the tradition of carving. I have only baked one pumpkin pie in my lifetime that came from a real pumpkin. It was my first Thanksgiving as a married woman. I switched back to pie baking from pumpkin in a can after that experience. It was a lot of work for a flavorless pie. But every time I see a real pumpkin, I think of that first Thanksgiving, and give myself a pat on the back and a smile.
Fall has arrived!
1 comment:
When my daughter was growing up, I don't recall corn mazes around here but now there are. I don't think I would venture in one because if I got stuck in it, I'd get claustrophic. Good that your husband was so good with the map.
Sounds like there is lots to do (and eat) at the maze you went to.
Hot, freshly made cider donuts. Yum.
Post a Comment