It wasn't until my parents gifted me their bag of surprises, did I get the reality check. And then it really hit me ... so much will change within my family during the years of my 40's. Gulp. Life is moving too quickly.
Four different gift bags, each with a tag written by my mom, which read:
#1: Age 40-42.
Your daughter will be 14
Your son will be 12.
Life is good. You still feel "in charge". However, you begin to realize that life is ....
Ah, yes, I will never know what I'm gonna get with Teenagers. I hear every hour can be a different emotion from the next.
#2: Age 42-44.
Your daughter will be 16.
Your son will be 14.
Your son is a teenager! Your daughter will be old enough to drive. You'll need rest ...
Absolutely!!! Oh, this just makes my stomach turn already!
#3: Age 44-46
Your daughter will be 18.
Your son will be 16.
So many Kodak memory moments ....
Just as my son is learning to drive, my girl will be college bound. Talk about emotions!
#4: Age 46-48
Your daughter will be 20.
Your son will be 18.
2 kids in college ....
Of course - these will Bling! up my old shoes and flip flops perfectly!
LOVED the humor - and the reality check. I guess turning 40 is a big deal! Look at how much my family will be changing in my forties.
At the bottom of the gift bag was another gift. This cross necklace was given to my maternal Grandmother from her sister-in-law many decades ago. My Great Aunt was a world traveler and bought this handmade necklace and chain in Jerusalem for my Grandmother.
The Jerusalem Cross was the coat of arms for Jerusalem. During the Crusades it was referred to as the Crusader's Cross. The four small crosses are symbolic of the four Gospels proclaimed to the four corners of the earth beginning in Jerusalem; the large cross symbolizes the person of Christ.
What a perfect gift!! The chain is long so it hangs nicely and can go with fancy or casual attire. I just love it - especially since it is an heirloom piece from my wonderful Grandmother, and Great Aunt.
Thank you so very much, Mom and Dad!!! I Love you!!! xoxox
1 comment:
What thought and love went into those gifts. And especially to have the heirloom necklace handed down.
Post a Comment