In addition, I have been set in my ways of working out for so long, and I'm not real sure I am seeing the results that I am wishing to see. And I'm not necessarily talking weight loss. I am mainly talking about muscle. I have visions of what I want to see when I look at pictures of myself or into the mirror. My visions are not unrealistic. I am not looking for body building material. Just simple muscle tone.
Why keep going in circles? Why keep doing what I've been doing if it is not resulting in what I wanted to see. No wonder I was getting back into my slump of not wanting to get up and out the door first thing in the morning.
Personal Training. There is no way out.
My husband is very thoughtful and gifted me four private lessons to start. I met with my trainer to get all the paperwork handled, the weigh-in, and the goals in place last week. I met with her today to start the four weekly sessions.
I am shaking. I am shaking because she had no mercy; quote by my Personal Training Guru "Zero to Sixty, Babe". I am shaking because every muscle group in my legs and arms and abs are crying. But I enjoyed every minute.
I am not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing that I am shaking so quickly after working out. I am not naive to think that I was in "that good" of shape. My favorite above all is Cardio. I can commit to the statement that my heart and lungs are strong. However, I am the first to realize that my muscle groups are below par. Hence the shaking?
But ... I asked for it ... I am so glad to have a focus at the gym!! Hello, summer shorts and tanks!
2 comments:
WAIT....you mean sometimes you actually WANT to get up at 5am to work out??? Is there something wrong with me that I have never once HAD the desire to work out, let alone wake up early for it??? ;)
Actually ... yes. Because if I don't, I will never get to my exercising during the rest of the day. I'm motivated, but not that motivated to squeeze it in once my day has "started". Gotta be first thing, or never. =)
Post a Comment