Tuesday, April 5, 2011

FUN way to shop!

This morning has been about running errands with the kiddos. It is amazing how little I shop with my children anymore. With them being gone at school, and then activities taking up our evening hours, and I rarely shop on weekends because that is all about family time at home or fun stuff, taking them along during school breaks is what it's come down to.

Also, I think in general, I shop less than what I used to. I know that I do. Not because of time, but because my priorities have changed, with still room for improvement. I continue to buy "plenty" for "us". I am not claiming to be getting it right. But, I have also drastically cut back from the earlier days. I like my new habits much better.

Today, however, we went back to my favorite stompin' grounds; T*rget. Minus the quick staples of a pasta dinner to throw together this evening (this T*rget has a brand new grocery experience - yay), we stuck to the little bitty baby section.

Nope, no announcement for me. It is much bigger and better - we went shopping for the littles at Hannah's Hope, an orphan care center in Ethiopia. The best part was standing in the middle of the little tykes clothing section, and seeing the two heads of my own littles wandering around choosing this and that. Their only assignment was to gather items size 3T or 4T.

They came back with a great selection to accommodate boys and girls; pajama, outfit, and light jacket. They took their time and really planned it out. It was the best part of our errand shopping.
How am I getting our gifts to Hannah's Hope? I am sending them to HER, because she and her husband will be traveling to Hannah's Hope in late May to meet their newborn daughter. YAY!!

Feel like going shopping for some very special and well loved Littles?  Read this post for more info.

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Fun for the kids and a wonderful experience for them to help others.

Tina in CT said...

Did your friends get THE call?

Elle J said...

Tina - no, the one mentioned in the post is a different friend that rec'd her call in late Feb. Thanks for asking, but still waiting. =)

Mama Mimi said...

I can't tell you what a blessing it is for ME to deliver these goodies to the precious children at Hannah's Hope! Thank you for your generosity. And tell your sweet children thank you as well! I think it sets such a great example to take your kids on errands like this - so kuddos to you!