My son and I have been looking through pictures of growing up years. Just because ....
And just because ...
My girl could entertain herself on any given hour of any day, and this still holds true today. Being the first child in our family, I am not sure if I helped her learn how to play, or if she was born this way. But from a very early age she could be entertained on the simplest of things for hours. And many times it was high creativity, as seen in the above photo.
I remember I could not wait to purchase a Fisher Price Doll House for her. I grew up with a FP House and it was my go-to toy, my all time favorite.
When my daughter turned the age of one, I thought for sure it was time to get her that doll house. I remember being disappointed to learn that the box suggested age 18 months and up. But I just couldn't wait any longer, so I bought it anyway.
My girl instantly loved it!! My mom has memories too of playing doll house with my girl literally for hours at a time. And all my sweetie wanted to do was take the little girl to bed, and to the bathroom, and to bed, and to the bathroom. Over and over and over ...
And just because ...
My chubby baby boy. Oh what a lover of cuddles this sweetie enjoyed. From the beginning he was a big guy that was quick to please - and his famous showing of his love (believe it or not) were in the form of cuddle pinches. Lightly grasping your skin in a pinch hold, he would shake his body as if he were pinching you super hard, when all he was doing was just holding your skin. He just loved ya that much that he couldn't get enough of his love onto you. He would babble away and then smother you with a kiss.
He, however, has never been into independent play. Even to this day, he wants friendship and company - all day long. I am sure that his constant entertainment by his big sister helped him desire that one on one attention. Who needs independence when you have a built in buddy to pal around with every hour of the day.
Now that my today kids are out of play-mode, I still have the independent girl who can scrapbook, read a book, do an art project, or dance her heart out ... while my son is busy cooking or baking, doing yardwork, or fixing a repair just to have something to do.
Just because ... I didn't have a blog in the early years ... and I sure wish I did.
2 comments:
My granddaughters were just like your daughter in her dress-up clothes. So cute.
Love these pics!!! I don't blame you one bit for going down memory lane and recording these memories - priceless!
I'm so thankful for my blog and how it records the day to day life of my kiddos. I can look back and remember the little things, the things they said and the things that would easily be forgotten. I'm not a writer, a scrapbooker or a "journaler" so I wouldn't have a record of these precious times. Love it!
I've been absent from the blogging world for a variety of reasons - hope to catch up very soon!
Post a Comment