Sunday, April 10, 2011

Avi News

So remember this post a week ago where my daughter was dressed in character?
We finally got the video rendered and it is ready to turn in tomorrow. The students have been reading a variety of books from the author Avi.

The assignment was to choose one book to present a book review to the class in a unique way; through video, song, dance, puppets, graphs, etc. It was assigned on the last day of school before Spring Break, and due on the first day returned from Spring Break. I guess those traveling out of town during this past week had a different assignment to choose from which was more suitable and doable for travel.

My girl enjoyed her assignment of creating a news cast based on the book: The True Confessions Of Charlotte Doyle. The video has some "real life" glitches - for example, when the audio is a little off on the visual during the war segment, just pretend that the reporter is truly broadcasting from Satellite.

Having not read the book myself, I received a pretty good idea of what the book is about based on the news - so I am feeling good for her. I found it most clever that she was able to take enough snippets of the plot and weave it into a broadcast.

I also like how she created unique newscaster names and wardrobes ... Floe Stop is the Traffic broadcaster that chose to wear the colors red and green. Channel 15 is the room number of her Language Arts class, and Page Ten (a reporters name quoted during the broadcast) is where the quote is found in the book ... Page Ten! And the wind blown, wacky hair of the weather woman is classic! Love her creativity!

I present to you: Avi News Channel 15.

2 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Great job your daughter did and all the characters. I'm impressed with all the extras too (script at bottom, music, rainbow from national station)

Aviva said...

this is awesome! I love love love the characters!!!! Very clever, creative, and fun!!!!