Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Girls and Boys

Yesterday while my friend was off serving our legal system on Jury Duty, my other friend and I kept her children for the day. I had three fifth grade girls playing at my house, while my friend had four boys ranging from kindergarten to third grade under her wing.  Hmmm, I wonder who got the better deal? 


My creative and energetic friend had a plan; she was going to strap them in the car for an hour drive to a zoo of reptiles.  My son was Beyond-Excited for this day to arrive.  This is something just up his alley; anything hands on animal related and he is good to go.  He got to hold snakes, he talked to the owners of the zoo, and he explored the caged and non-caged critters too.  He was loving his adventure with our friends. 




The girls were happily busy creative playing all sorts of adventures back at our house.  I settled in with them for lunch and it was fun hearing their stories and connecting with the girls.  A very fun trio, I am proud my girl has stuck close to these two friends. 


We met back up at Taekwondo where all the boys joined in on the class, the girls continued their talk and giggles on the balcony, and the moms got to share about our day with each other's children. 


Enjoying our Spring Break; with reptiles, creativity, and friends. 


Thank you, SK, for hosting a Terrific Tuesday for my son and sharing your beautiful daughter with me!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

those snakes look very scary! Your son is very brave.

Elle J said...

Their venom has been surgically removed, but still! Thankful that I have a friend who would do this for the boys, cuz I can't say as though I would!!

Tina in CT said...

Not only would I not set food in the reptile place but I wouldn't even hold a brochure. I am petrified of snakes and can't even look at pictures of them. So, I quickly scanned down (without really looking) until I was pass the pictures of the boys until I got to the pictures of the girls. Your friend is a good sport and BRAVE (IMO).

Sounds like both groups had a fun vacation day.

It's suppose to be 86 here in CT (not the norm for 4/7 by any means). It'll be nice to walk out at 4:30 from work.