My daughter has "grown up" with American Girl dolls, we've been to the AG Store in Chicago, and we've been to a similar American Girl fashion show when my daughter was about age five. I am glad that my girl has continued her passion for the dolls and this company, and she was so excited to attend this event.
My dear friend invited us; they had purchased a table that sat ten of her friends and family members; among them were four fun girls who were into their dolls. We purchased professional photos of the girls on a faux magazine cover, and when that is mailed to me in a few weeks, I will see if I can get it uploaded to my blog. It will be a very cute photo!
Eating finger sandwiches, sipping tea and strawberry lemonade, having scones and mini cupcakes, fancied up for a parade of girls showcasing the outfits found in the American Girl Catalog, the two hour event was very well planned and executed. The bonus is the proceeds benefit our local Children's Hospital.
What a fun way to spend the afternoon with my girl, and our friends.
Thank you, J.H.!!!
1 comment:
My girlfriend and I took the little girl of the family she nannies for about 2 1/2 years ago and it was so much fun.
My daughter and I go with the girls to American Girl Place in NYC each January when they are here but since I was there for Xmas, they did not come to the US this winter. I really miss our day at American Girl Place and lunch in their restaurant. When the girls outgrown American Girl, I'll be just as sad as I was when they outgrew smocked dresses!!!!!
I know what a wonderful day you just had.
Post a Comment