Ten o'clock Saturday morning we were outside for our neighborhood's annual Easter Egg Hunt. The storm had settled before this hour, but there was a breeze and it was cold, but no rain or high winds like the day prior, so we considered it a good weather day.
By lunchtime the kids had found their way upstairs to play and build this fort. If you look close enough, you can see the purple sweater of my girl; who is laying down on the her wooden dance floor taking a two hour nap. I had come home from the grocery store and heard the house quiet. I asked my husband what the kids had been doing and he said they were building a fort with chairs, blankets, and some duct tape to hold it all in place. I figured they must have fallen asleep because it was so quiet. And they certainly had.
Easter Egg Dying is a tradition for us on Easter Eve; the kids always going to Easter Service the next morning with left over stain on their fingers. The eggs turned out well with vibrant colors.
Easter morning was very pretty with sunshine, but no warm temps like the rest of the country had been reporting. After church we gathered at my parent's house for a lovely lunch celebration with my brother and his family. The kids are not too old to have an Egg Hunt together, so the Uncles hid the eggs and off the kids went. My parents had added coins to all the eggs, and left four eggs with dollar billed money inside ... in the end all the kids got the same dollar amount.
However, my son found all the dollar billed eggs sitting aside. My brother was going to give the kids their big egg after the hunt. His thought was that he didn't want the big egg to be counted among the normal eggs, so that one child didn't end up getting all the bills. Guess that didn't work, as my son found them all and added it to his basket.
My son thought he had found all fifteen of his eggs and came to me saying how he found four really big ones and that they had a couple dollar bills a piece inside. My brother, over hearing the conversation, had to take back the four eggs and my son was left to find his remaining three smaller eggs. But it was all in good fun as my son was laughing thinking that he was so close to being right ~ his luck streak continuing (as he did find the most money from the Easter Bunny that morning at our house).
The amazing part is that my son does fall into money with out even trying. I pray that he does not get into gambling; because between me and you, he really does have a lucky streak when it comes to money. It always has been this way on so many different areas in his life. So the Easter Egg goof was just an "of course" moment.
After our family celebration, we came home to relax and put together my son's new K'nex motorized robot (which is really cool!!). My son also received a Balloon Animal Art kit from the Easter Bunny and he went to town creating balloon animals all day long. He entertained us the rest of the evening, while my daughter and I cuddled on the couch, my husband building K'nex, our dog cruising all about.
A happy and restful Easter Weekend.
2 comments:
Gambing is an addiction but if one is lucky and never loses, maybe a few tries wouldn't be so bad (as an adult). The few times I've been to the Casino in Ledyard, CT, I brought about $20 and when it was gone, it was the end of the slots for me. I've been to LV once on our drive cross country. Same story there.
I know someone that goes there all the time with her husband. I'd hate to know what they've lost.
You had a lovely Easter.
I decorated the almond peach cheesecake I'd baked the night before, made deviled eggs, had some restful time on the deck reading and snoozing and then went to friends' in the late afternoon for a big Easter dinner. There were 19 of us and it was a really good time.
Our weather was in the high 70's starting on Fri. and it was just perfect.
Great pics! So glad you had a Happy Easter :)
Post a Comment