Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tshirt Factory

Part of the fun in going to VBS is that we make themed tshirts for the week. Our church uses the Gospel Light's series and this years theme is SonRock Kids Camp. Our church will be transformed into a camping theme complete with faux fir trees and tents and hiking gear; I have no doubt the kids and adults will feel transformed into the wild.
Stacking up on cheap Hanes tshirts this weekend, using the iron on transfers that were provided by VBS, I went to work in making the graphics come alive on the shirts. It is always rough going to get started, so I always start with my shirt. I don't like how the iron can get the outline of the paper transfer on the shirt, and depending on the shirt color, some show up more than others. I think I have to trim my paper more than I do. Still perfecting. But for the most part, it is acceptable.
The kids get to choose their shirt colors and rotate between two through out the week. They also choose their design layouts; front, back, side, whatever they wish. This year, they opted for just the front and the sleeves. VBS starts tomorrow and we are all excited!

Now off to organizing, cleaning, and packing for our "genuine" camping trip at the end of the week ... as my son blares Veggie Tales Bob and Larry's Campfire Songs cd from his room. It could be a long day ...

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Your last paragraph just reminded me humorously of when my sisters and brother and I were kids: we had this Christian CD that had this one story where the main puppet guys said (in annoying sing-songy voice) "camping! we're going camping! I love the trees! I love the grass!..."

To this day still, some one of us can say that and we all start cracking up.

Have fun at VBS and camp, and real camping!

The shirts look great.

crispy said...

The shirts look really cute. I love anything with a camp theme.