Monday, July 27, 2009

Wheat Field

As my husband and I were riding home from our bike ride a week ago, we passed the hill where we went snow sledding on Christmas Day in '08. We remembered how great that was and couldn't believe that the hill which was covered in white was now covered in wheat. My husband seized the idea to take the kids back one summer night and snap their photographs. He did just that last night.

We are in a heat wave and the kids are living in water. Luckily for us, however, we just had to get them showered and dressed for our 2 minute walk to this field. It is literally behind our neighborhood. The land was cleared two years ago or more, just at the start of the housing decline. It was planned to be filled with houses by now. Not one thing has developed; except for this wheat.

In fifteen minutes we were back home, changed back into our barely-there-pj's for a hot summer evening. As my husband profoundly said, "2009 will be a summer to remember."

As a side note, that yes I am bragging about, I think my husband rocked these photos. He hasn't even added all his unique touches to the photos yet; but I'm not one to be patient when I already like what I see.

No comments: