Friday, July 3, 2009

A Friday that feels like Saturday

Today my son is on a play date at my parent's house. The goal is to have fun in the 85+ temps with their sprinkler and their Portuguese Water Dog named Splash. He wanted total guy time, which included picking up a Quiznos Sub Sandwich to take over for lunch. And it meant too that I was to literally drop him off and wait in the car until their front door opened. Cuz you know, "You talk to much when you go over there and take forever to leave!" Point well stated.

So, after our morning family outing to buy Fireworks for tomorrow's block party, we dropped of the dad and daughter at home and my son and I drove to his Grandparent's. And I did, I dropped him off and waved (if pictures were taken of his day, then I will post those this weekend). Then I came home and my daughter was looking at me with the cutest eyes that said 'Please?' as in, "Library?".

So, off we went to the library. She got four books and I grabbed the only copy of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency that a fellow blogger just recommended this morning. We came back and read in the backyard. Here is our view:Cora gets her own chair in the shade.

Peaceful.

I am off to retrieve my son, and at that time I can chat with my parents for a short bit, before we head back home for showers ~ then our family will head over to our friend's/neighbor's house for dinner. A fun Friday that has felt like a Saturday!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Glad you're giving the books a try! I think you will like them.