We started with a long bike ride through a few of the hundreds of trails that weave themselves through our rural wooded part of the state. My husband bikes frequently and he much prefers the hard-core trail rides, but he agreed to accommodate me and stayed on the low-key paths.
He was my guide and took us on trails I have never been and it was gorgeous! Going over bridges with beautiful rivers below, and through the woods with the sun streaking through the trees, and through our local park where there was a Kids Carnival in progress, and we passed our lake both ways. What a neat adventure with out ever using our car to get anywhere. Some day our kids will be able to do the trek and that will be so fun.
For the record, our kiddie pool is actually 8 feet across and just over 3 feet deep, so it isn't really a dinky little thing. It takes up a good portion of our upper tiered patio. It was calling our name when we got off our bike ride. Awww ~ I could have fallen asleep.But now we are cleaned up and headed out to dinner at a local golf course that has good food and outdoor seating. Then we will retrieve our children.
3 comments:
Hmmm. Sounds like a great day! But...definitely making me feel kind of lazy today in comparison!
Glad to hear your pool isn't as kiddie as I had once thought:) But it still left for a funny impression of your husband! You know, so overwhelmed with work for so long, wasting away indoors so much that he lost perspective and was able to enjoy a baby pool! lol. You should have let us continue to feel sorry for him:)
Yay, I should have left the pool a mystery, but I was getting ribbed by my husband the following day when "I" went into the same pool!! Hahaha.
Post a Comment