When my phone rang at 5:30am this morning, thankfully it was just another recording by the school district, because when the friendly male voice announced the school closure, I mumbled into the phone something like a grumpy,
"You've got to be kidding me."I stumbled out of bed reaching my curtains to thankfully witness a winter wonderland scene deserving of a closure and a much needed happy sight for my kiddos (who have been so patient all week).
The district got this one right, it took three days, but this one was right. We've accumulated another inch or more since taking these photos.


As the snow continues to fall (dumping at times), the kids and their friends have moved to igloo building. Pictures will be posted tomorrow if they stick with it .... and we
finally got Cora to play outside too.

She found that running fast adds more warmth than standing.

Look at her flapping ears ~ I'm loving Beagles!
(Happy 40th Birthday, Chad! xoxo)
3 comments:
AH!!! :) It looks like everyone had a great time in the snow today....two legged family members and four legged.
I remember building an igloo in the snow when I was a kid with breadpans. It was so fun, but I don't think we ever finished it we usually just got about 4 or 5 bricks high and gave up on the roof. Now the thought of it makes me very cold. Oh to be a kid again. I guess this means the kids get an extended Christmas break.
Hi, my name is Maureen, I have one of Carrie's beagles. His name is "Galahad" We had adround 6 inches of snow today. Galahad enjoys the snow, but he enjoys running in for his homemade treats even more.
Post a Comment