How did we do on the list of things to do? Well, the children played and played and played upstairs in the playroom until lunchtime. My sister-in-law via phone suggested, "Kinda like don't wake a sleeping baby, don't interrupt good playtime either." Exactly!
After lunch, I think I added another golden gem in my mom-status via my children's eyes, because I allowed the portable DVD player to land in their room while they made Christmas Projects (hint-hint). My daughter is the queen of arts and crafts in our house and she loves making things for others. My son, one who is always willing to lend a hand, opted to be her helper ... and the movie watcher.
I won the Laundry Game all by myself. But at least I won, five loads washed, dried, folded, ironed and put away to two loads left unfinished. Told ya' I had all that. I also found myself bonding with the vacuum, and sprucing up bathrooms and kitchen appliances. I think I am set for a couple of days; right? Doesn't it seem like you just cleaned when it is time to clean again?
My hubby? Yes, the roads were completely fine, full of rain puddles and all. He got his computer fixed and came back to finish his work projects.
All this for 36 degrees Fahrenheit ... but at least I didn't need to check the clock the entire day!
2 comments:
Oh, I would love to have a snow day! We get snow and still have to go to work. No excuses, our jeep could climb a mountain of snow. I know exactly how you feel! You spend all day cleaning the house, and within a few minutes of the family ariving home, it's gone to ruins. My vacuum and I are also a lot closer than we have ever been before. I actually have faithfully cleaned the house at least once a week for the last month and a half at least.
Ok, first off... this pic of the two of them is adorable. Such a GIRL'S room, too! I love it.
Now, I also know what it means to feel a little overwhelmed in the housekeeping dept. It seems an empty, newly-shined table is the most inviting place ever for the hubby to throw his keys/lunch box/jacket/yadda yadda. I can only imagine what will transpire when Andrew is of school age!
Post a Comment