Thursday, December 11, 2008

thinking about giving

I am feeling a tad overwhelmed; I went shopping today and didn't get as much accomplished as I had liked. I have list upon list and ideas of which stores to go to in my head; swirling around even though I have put it down on paper. I can't get my schedule out of my mind. I am glad all the family children on my list are complete, but I have some missing sections in gifts for the fun adult clan. And what I am looking for is not turning out or I am just stumped at an idea to begin.

I also find that I waffle back and forth between what to give to neighbor friends and piano students. While I could bake, I never find the final creation worth giving. What is the trick to homemade foods looking fabulous? Our friends do a neat job, and somehow I miss recreating that for others. It must be a real art. And the students; a little something that says I am glad to spend Piano Monday's with them ... and that would be .... see, stumped again.

But for now, I will just put shopping and giving behind me because this evening I am having some of my friends over to eat dessert and relax together by my tree. I am looking forward to girl time laughing and chatting.

No comments: