Friday, March 21, 2008

Thinkin' Positive

When I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, I try to find the positive. I have to report for jury selection in two hours. Right now I'm feeling like there is nothing positive to this day. I must drive into the city, I must navigate through the city, I must walk alone through a parking garage and the city, I must find this room in a rather large, stale, creepy court house (ok, it's creepy to me to see people walking through the halls cuffed, or what look like every day folks crying because of what they are about to hear or what they have heard).

Think, think, think. Find something to be positive about. My children are off from school today. That's not positive, we could have enjoyed Horton Hears A Who in theaters. It might be a sunny day? Hmm, probably not where I'm living. I'm writing this blog at the crack of dawn, which means that I have time and I'm not running around the house frantic at being late. Not really because I have to actually stop typing and make a lunch.

Ahh, here it is. The positive is that I must rely on my faith to get me through this adventure. I am traveling out of my box today. I have to hold tight to my faith as I drive via the crowded highway to the city that I won't get pushed out of lane 2, that I can find a safe parking stall while staying calm, that I can walk confidently in an uneasy environment. And lastly, I must rely on my faith that the outcome of today will be ok; regardless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that your experience turns out to be a good one, Linda. I did jury duty for the first time about a year ago. I had the same reservations that you have but it turned out to be a fascinating look at the legal system.....which I'd never experienced before. I also learned how to ride a public bus! I had NEVER ridden a public bus before!!! I had no idea what to do....would it really pick me up where it was supposed to and take me where I needed to be....on time??? It did! And it was easy! And it was alot nicer riding in to Seattle, reading my book or listening to my iPod, than trying to navigate through traffic myself.

Hopin' you're experience is a positive one!!! :P