Ahh, the smell of newly cut grass; although it didn't have the intense fresh cut smell like it would have had it been a nice, sunny day. But I did enjoy hearing the sounds of mowers popping off around the neighborhood.
One of the favorite things for the kids to do with their dad is gardening. They are right next to him with shovel and glove pulling weeds, planting seeds, and now mowing. All three of them love to play in the dirt and amongst the bugs. I like to make the snacks and take the pictures.
I have always been behind the scenes, not really putting in my fair share, when it comes to the outdoors. I have no idea why. I think it started as a child not liking the surprise of spider webs and being emotionally attacked by those pesky gardener snakes that would peak out of the bushes and wiggle their tongue at me. And maybe too, if I were to be completely honest, it was just too much effort. I'd rather read or play and keep clean. I just never got into the gardening thing.
I am thankful that my husband is passing down his passion for gardening to both of our children. I know it will serve their souls well and be a good trait to own.
1 comment:
and what better way to strengthen your family than by having your kids hang with dad, do some hard work, and learn something new. i love it! look at hannah's face, too cute!
Post a Comment