Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cast Away

So the weather outside today has been a variety of everything. From snow, to rain, then onto sleet, hail, bigger hail, and little bits of sun too. Now we are back to clouds and snow. Umph, now hail. We are crossing our fingers that today's semi-spring cleaning of the house may prompt spring to arrive. While we've been working, the kids have been playing in the playroom and we have had a movie playing in the family room; Cast Away with Tom Hanks. It got me thinking ...

If I were stranded on an island, what three packages would I wish to wash ashore? To make the thought harder, I added the "no survival items" clause. After much pondering I've come up with the following:

A musical instrument. It could be anything; a harmonica, a trumpet, a flute. I think it would be important for my sanity to create a sound other than my own voice.

Gum. I would need something to chew on and a taste other than the mixture of creations I would use off the land for survival. And of course I would be crashing into this island post-braces.

Reams of paper with hundreds of pens. So I could write, draw, and make up games until I was glazed over (remember that grade school game, MASH ~ Mansion Apartment Shack House, etc).

I'm feeling a little closed in on this funky weather day watching Cast Away. Come on, Spring!.

No comments: