I joined Pinterest.
Just one month and a week past the blog entry Pinterest. I was formally invited by a friend, and my curiosity got me. I justified signing up with it being just another example for me to practice self-control and time management. So far, so good.
I am not sure if I have the gist of it yet, however. If I am offending anyone by not Repinning, but going to the original source to check it out and then Pinning from there ~ it is just because I don't any better, not because I am trying to make anyone upset. I mean, does Repinning versus just Pinning matter?
I am surprised, actually, at the amount of Repins that I have received so quickly since joining. People I don't even know are Repinning. I know my pins are just on the Pinterest home page, so there is no ego-boosting to Repins when there are hundreds of thousands of Pinterest users and one home page. (right?).
Anyway, I am Pinning for myself, and that is all this Selfish Pinterest User is using it for. I am finding some good Do It Yourself ideas - the lack of artsie, craftsie that I am, this surprises me, but leaves me hopeful. I am also finding some good recipes. My family thanks me for joining for that reason.
Between you and me, I think Pinterest is more entertaining than Facebook. Who would have known I would have just typed that?! Something about keeping a catalog of everything I like in one place is organizational. Something that I lack in regards to the computer. My husband's computer is highly organized. My physical workspace is organized, my technology just isn't. Pinterest can help me with that.
And, it is just plain fun. Just entertaining at the right entertaining moments in a day.
So, thumbs up to Pinterest. Happy Pinning!
5 comments:
I totally agree! Way better than Facebook! I'm so glad you joined the fun!
Thanks for the sweet comment and encouragment on my blog. We really need to have coffee so we can get caught up!
I love Pinterest! It IS so entertaining!! Happy Pinning to you!!
WEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You took the plunge and DID IT!!! hehehe! I LOVE it!!! Happy Pinning!! I am following yaaaa! XOXOXO! ♥
I don't even know what Pinterest is - and I'm afraid to find out!!! I don't need any other reasons to get stuck on the computer (and distracted from keeping up with my blog!) :)
Kathy - I will send you an invite and you can decide if you want to accept or not. I won't get hurt feelings if you decline. =) It is actually really nice - there are so, so, so many different ideas from cooking, to crafts, to hairstyle how-to's, to do it yourself, to just photos, and inspirational quotes. Kinda fun and easy to "pin" so you can go back and actually do the idea. Think of it as your organized magazine clippings of all the things you "used to see back in the day when we read things via paper" that you want to remember to do. =)
Post a Comment