Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Natalie's Pumpkin Cookies

My precious kids are at school:

The adorable puppy is sleeping:
And I am celebrating my quiet time by making Natalie's Pumpkin Cookies. She warned me that she could not stopping eating the ones she made ~ and I am warning you ~ that I can not stopping eating the ones I made.
Simple and Simply Yum!

1/2 c Shortening
1 1/2 c Sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c Mashed Pumpkin
2 1/4 c Flour
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cloves
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Mix all ingredients and drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes (or less). They will be puffy, soft, and delicious!

Tip - If you have any left over to store (heehee) - it is best to store these in a paper lunch sack than a plastic ziploc. The cookies will get to mushy in plastic. 

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I made these on Halloween and I've been eating them all week too!